Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Thing 21: Discovering some useful search tools for locating podcasts.

"In 2005, "podcast" was named the "word of the year" by New Oxford American Dictionary and with the growth of podcasting over the last 24 months, it's easy to see why."
"The word podcast is used to refer to a non-musical audio or video broadcast that is distributed over the Internet. What differentiates a podcast from regular streaming audio or video is that the delivery method for podcasts is often done automatically through RSS."

I learned alot about podcasting by looking around at the sites that were given us. I've enjoyed learning some of the 23 Things through listening to podcasts. I'd like to see some added to our CCPL website.

I also learned that there are podcast consultants. (I'm always learning something new!) Jason VanOrden"s tutorial and "definitive step-by-step guide" were informative and offered helpful information for those wanting to create a podcast. This might be something to come back to at another time!

I also was able to send a podcast of book reviews to my RSS feed. The URL is http://rachelsreviews.libsyn.com/rss

No comments: