Thursday, June 7, 2007

Thing 8: RSS Feeds


"Fresh feeds served fast"



"Stuff yourself with Internet feeds. They're calorie-free... and information rich!" PALINET
"With feeds you can choose what information you want and decide where, when, and how to receive it." -- Laura A. Dixon MLS

The tutorials provided a very helpful overview of what RSS is, why feeds are useful and how to set up a Blogline and subscribe to news feeds. The video clips helped me visualize how the set up works. Learning 2.0 posted a very helpful screen shot. For someone who had never even heard of RSS before 23 Things, I feel that I've learned alot here.

I will be setting up my Blogline and will be adding other Carroll Participants' blogs to the feeds. This is also a good way to subscribe to a library related news items. I'm looking forward to trying some from the list.

1 comment:

L. Beard said...

I'm excited about seeing you learn new tech stuff too. I'm thrilled you are advancing well ahead of me and I can see your progress! Video feeds, wow, I've only experienced church and firehall feeds--ha ha.